Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reincarnation Police

The Chinese government wants to require that Tibetan Living Buddhas have Beijing's approval for their reincarnations. See link below:

http://humansarefree.com/2011/02/china-bans-reincarnation-without.html

Consider the following, based on that news story:

An elderly man in saffron robes walks along a mountain path in Tibet. He is humming a tune as he walks. He is approached by a Chinese man in uniform.

"Excuse me, sir, but may I ask the name of the tune you are humming?" "Certainly, my son, it is Row, Row, Row Your Boat."
"I believe that is a favorite song among Buddhists. Are you by any chance a Buddhist?"
"Indeed I am. In fact, I am the Panchen Lama."

"I was afraid of that. As one of the Living Buddhas of Tibet, you are required to have registered your reincarnation with the government. Do you have your license and registration?""I'm afraid not, Officer. I must have left them with my last body."
"I'm sorry, sir, but I must inform you that, after a brief, but fair, show trial, you will be executed next week.""I understand, my son."
"I knew you would, Bodhisattva, as you have attained Total Enlightenment, after all."
"Yes. See you next month, then?"

No comments:

Post a Comment